The Nuffield Conference 2017 will be held on Friday 6th October 2017 in the Castleknock Hotel, Dublin 15.
This will feature the reports of the six Nuffield Scholars of 2016, and one 2015 Scholar. It will also include a presentation on the 2017 Global Focus Programmes by the 2017 scholars, an introduction to the new 2018 scholars and a guest speaker who will give the Keynote address. The Conference dinner will take place on that Friday evening.
The Programme on Friday 6th October is:
10.00 Welcome Address – Geoff Dooley, Chairman, Nuffield Ireland.
10.05 Presentations of scholar reports by 4 of the 2016 scholars
– Chair: Brian Rushe (2015 Scholar)
- Ray Hunt “Future Trends in Dairy Genetics.”
- Roberta McDonald “Innovative Disruption of Farmer Development Programmes.”
- Tom Dineen “How to successfully diversify a dairy farm business by adding value to milk.”
- Ailbhe Gerrard “Short Food Chains: Farmers Selling Directly to Consumers.”
11.30 Keynote address by Tom O’Mahony, Chief Executive Officer of Origin Enterprises plc, which is a leading Agri-Services Group, providing value added services, technologies and inputs that address the quality, efficiency and output requirements of primary food producers. It has operations in Ireland, UK, Poland Ukraine and Romania.
– Chair: Joe Burke (2015 Scholar)
2.00 Presentations of scholar reports by one 2015 & two 2016 scholars
– Chair: Mary Delaney (2014 Scholar)
- Peter Farrell “Risky Business: Managing Dairy Volatility.”
- John Joyce “A blue print for starting a successful producer group.”
- Maeve O’Keeffe “Reducing Lameness in Dairy Cows.”
3.00 Facilitated Workshop: Discuss key learnings and facilitate the Nuffield Network.
– Facilitator: Karen Brosnan (2013 Scholar)
4.00 Coffee break
4.15 Workshop conclusions
4.40 Joint presentation by the 2017 scholars about their Global Focus Programmes.
5.10 Jim Geltch, CEO Nuffield International.
5.20 Final comments and wrap up.
7.00 Conference Dinner
In 2016, there was a record attendance at the event, and the momentum from that conference suggests that the numbers will grow further in 2017.
Booking is now open on this website. Click here. Early booking is advised for the conference and for accommodation at the hotel.
For enquiries contact John Tyrrell – email@example.com
Castleknock Hotel – Conference Venue 2017