The annual Nuffield Ireland Conference takes place in the Castleknock hotel on Friday November 15th 2019.
The event, now its eighth year attracts a large attendance from across the agricultural industry to hear both from the Nuffield Ireland returning scholars as well as the high profile guest speakers in attendance each year.
Geoff Dooley, Nuffield Ireland Chairman said “We look forward with anticipation to this year’s conference. Our returning scholars who have completed their travels and studies over the past two years will deliver their recommendations to the industry. Through their travels, these five scholars have had the opportunity to learn from farmers and agribusinesses across the globe. The Global Focus Programme which is a key element to their travels opens up doors that many could not access. Fundamentally this is a leadership journey and our scholars return home having learned a lot about themselves but also have recommendations that will drive our sector into the future. We look forward to welcoming you to our conference to learn from their experiences.”
The board of Nuffield Ireland is very grateful to our scholarship sponsors (FBD Trust, IFA, Irish Farmers Journal, the Golden Jubilee Trust, Meat Industry Ireland, Aurivo, Glanbia, Dairymaster and Kerry Foods) for their vital support for our scholarship programme. None of this would be possible without this support.
The returning scholars who will present their findings on the day are
- Colm O’Leary – Farmer led animal welfare – an opportunity for the livestock industry
- Joe Lyng – Value in the market for grass-fed dairy product
- Karol Kissane – Review of perceptions of agriculture in primary school students and opportunities for developments
- Klaus Laitenberger – The potential of growing yacon and Jerusalem artichokes as crops and functional foods in Ireland
- Tommy Heffernan – A cow centered approach to modern dairy farming