https://nuffield.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/FILE953-e1537737526575.jpg 667 1000 Amii . https://nuffield.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Nuffield-Logo.png Amii .2018-09-23 21:20:262021-04-20 18:25:21Nuffield Ireland Conference 2018
Castleknock Hotel and Country Club, Dublin
Friday November 16th 2018
Conference Main Sponsor – MSD Animal Health
- 09.15 Registration and Tea/Coffee
- 10.00 Welcome Address – Geoff Dooley, Chairperson Nuffield Ireland
- 10.25 Presentations of scholar reports by the 2017 scholars
- Eamon Sheehan Microbial management and its importance in the Dairy and Beef industry
- Ed Payne Farmers responsibility to become more competitive and sustainable employers
- Owen Brodie The role Co-ops play in encouraging viable dairy farming, in marginal areas
- 11.30 Keynote address by Denis Brosnan Former Managing Director and Chairman of the Kerry Group.
- He has also held Chairman roles in many other business sectors including the equine, sport and healthcare sectors. He is chairman of Limerick 2030 Strategic Development and is a successful bloodstock breeder.
- 12.45 Lunch
- 2.00 Presentations of scholar reports by the 2017 scholars.
- Niall O’Regan Improving Nutrient Management and Protecting Water Quality
- Lorcan Allen A Licence to Farm – How Irish agriculture can maintain its social licence to operate
- Bryan Hynes Models for managing multiple dairy units in Ireland – Profitable dairy expansion
- 3.00 Workshop – Discuss key learnings and facilitate the Nuffield Network
- 4.00 Coffee Break
- 4.15 Workshop conclusions
- 4.35 Joint presentation by the 2018 scholars about their Global Focus Programme travels.
- 5.05 Address by Kevin Meadows (2011 Canadian scholar and Chair of Nuffield International)
- 5.15 Introduction of 2019 scholars
- 5.20 Final comments and wrap up
- 7.00 Conference Dinner