Applications for the 2024 Scholarships closed on Friday 25th August 2023.
Nuffield Scholarships are awarded once yearly, during the late Summer.
- How to apply, eligibility requirements and application closing date are advertised in the Irish Farmers Journal during Summer each year.
- Applications are taken in the form of an application submitted by email.
- The closing date for receipt of applications for 2024 is 25th August 2023. The application must be provided in the format which will be available for download from this website, or by email request from email@example.com.
- Candidates who provide a strong application will be brought forward for interview, where an interview panel will evaluate the suitability of each candidate to be awarded a scholarship. Preliminary interviews will take place 5th September 2023, final interviews on 12th September 2023.
- The Scholars who will be selected will become a member of a worldwide group of agriculture’s forward thinkers and industry leaders.
- Prospective scholars are encouraged to get in contact with a scholar in their locality to prepare themselves for the application and interview process.
- Scholars are required to undertake at least 9 weeks travel during the 18 months scholarship period. This will include participating in the one-week Contemporary Scholars Conference, plus the Global Focus Programme, which will be about 4 weeks duration.
- Apart for the above, there are no restrictions on where, how or when a scholar travels on their individual travels.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- An opportunity to participate in an international agricultural leadership programme.
- Become a member of Nuffield Ireland to promote agriculture and agriculturally related issues.
- Become a member of a worldwide network of more than 1,700 Nuffield Farming Scholars, who have enjoyed the unique Nuffield experience.
- Applicants must be resident in Ireland.
- Applicants must work in the farming, food, rural and related sectors and be in a position to influence them.
- The preferred age for all applicants is 25-45 years of age at the time applications close, although applicants outside this range may also be considered.
- Ideally candidates should have 5 years work experience.
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications, however, applicants will be well established in their career, and demonstrate a passion for the industry that they work in. Leadership potential and willingness to “give back” to the sector are sought after qualities in candidates.
- All Scholars are expected to remain engaged with the organisation in the future.
- Scholarships are not awarded to persons in full-time education or to further research projects.
- Applications for 2024 Scholarships are now closed.
- Closing date for receipt of applications for 2024 is 25th August 2023.
- Preliminary interviews will take place on 5th September 2023, final interviews on 12th September 2023.