Applications for the 2022 Scholarships are now open. The closing date is Tuesday 31st August 2021.
- Nuffield Scholarships are awarded once yearly, during the late Summer.
- How to apply, eligibility requirements and application closing date are advertised in the Irish Farmers Journal during Summer each year.
- Applications are taken in the form of an application submitted by email.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 31st August 2021. The application must be provided in the format which will be available for download from this website, or by email request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates who provide a strong application will be brought forward for interview, where an interview panel will evaluate the suitability of each candidate to be awarded a scholarship.
- The Scholars who will be selected will become a member of a worldwide group of agriculture’s forward thinkers and industry leaders.
- Prospective scholars are encouraged to get in contact with a scholar in their locality to prepare themselves for the application and interview process.
- Scholars are required to undertake at least 9 weeks travel during the 18 months scholarship period. This will include participating in the one-week Contemporary Scholars Conference, plus the Global Focus Programme, which will be about 4 weeks duration.
- Apart for the above, there are no restrictions on where, how or when a scholar travels on their individual travels.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- An opportunity to participate in an international agricultural leadership programme.
- Become a member of Nuffield Ireland to promote agriculture and agriculturally related issues.
- Become a member of a worldwide network of more than 1,700 Nuffield Farming Scholars, who have enjoyed the unique Nuffield experience.
- Applicants must be resident in Ireland.
- Applicants must work in the farming, food, rural and related sectors and be in a position to influence them.
- The preferred age for all applicants is 25-45 years of age at the time applications close, although applicants outside this range may also be considered.
- Ideally candidates should have 5 years work experience.
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications, however, applicants will be well established in their career, and demonstrate a passion for the industry that they work in. Leadership potential and willingness to “give back” to the sector are sought after qualities in candidates.
- All Scholars are expected to remain engaged with the organisation in the future.
- Scholarships are not awarded to persons in full-time education or to further research projects.
- Applications for 2022 Scholarships open in June 2021.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 31st August 2021.
- Interviews and selection during September / early October.