Applications for the 2019 scholarships are now open (June 2018), and the closing date will be 31st July 2018.
- Nuffield Scholarships are awarded once yearly, during the late Summer.
- How to apply, eligibility requirements and application closing date are advertised in the Irish Farmers Journal during June/July each year.
- Applications are taken in the form of an application submitted by email.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is normally the end of July. The application must be provided in the format which will be available for download from this website, or by email request from email@example.com.
- Candidates who provide a strong application will be brought forward for interview, where an interview panel will evaluate the suitability of each candidate to be awarded a scholarship.
- The Scholars who will be selected will become a member of a worldwide group of agriculture’s forward thinkers and industry leaders.
- Prospective scholars are encouraged to get in contact with a scholar in their locality to prepare themselves for the application and interview process.
- Scholars are required to undertake at least 10 weeks travel during the 18 months scholarship period. This will include participating in the one-week Contemporary Scholars Conference, plus the Global Focus Programme, which is about 6 weeks duration.
- Apart for the above, there are no restrictions on where, how or when a scholar travels on their individual travels.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- An opportunity participate in an international agricultural leadership programme.
- Become a member of Nuffield Ireland to promote agriculture and agriculturally related issues.
- Become a member of a worldwide network of more than 1,650 Nuffield Farming Scholars, who have enjoyed the unique Nuffield experience.
- Applicants must be resident in Ireland.
- Applicants must work in the farming, food, rural and related sectors and be in a position to influence them.
- The preferred age for all applicants is 25-45 years of age at the time applications close, although applicants outside this range may also be considered.
- Ideally candidates should have 5 years work experience.
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications, however, applicants will be well established in their career, and demonstrate a passion for the industry that they work in. Leadership potential and willingness to “give back” to the sector are sought after qualities in candidates.
- All Scholars are expected to remain engaged with the organisation in the future.
- Scholarships are not awarded to persons in full-time education or to further research projects.
- The 2019 Scholarships are advertised during June/July 2018.
- Closing date for receipt of applications was 31st July 2018. Applications are now closed
- Interviews and selection during August and early September.